In America, there are a sufficient number of services for the selection of hotels using sites like booking.com , priceline.com and others.
But today I want to focus on how to find free housing in America. Now I rent a house and everything is as it should be, but when I came in the winter, I didn’t have to pay for a whole apartment. Rather, I didn’t really want to pay for hotels, and I really wanted to meet new people, that’s why I’m describing here how it can be done.
So, there is a service couchsurfing.org , with which you can find free housing in America.
How it works
You register on the service and start looking for people who provide free housing. You find them, write to them, and they put you up at home for a few days. And vice versa, if you have a free room, a free bed, or you just want to have a cup of coffee with someone, then you describe your profile, set the appropriate status and wait for guests.
The fact is that many people are very interested in making new acquaintances. It is especially interesting to make new acquaintances with foreigners, because it is a different mentality, different traditions, a different vision of the world. The apartment in this case is just an excuse to get acquainted, not to earn money. If you want to make money on renting an apartment, then you can use airbnb.com , but that’s a completely different story. The service works very well in America and other countries. It also works in Russia, in Yekaterinburg you can find about a hundred hosters who are ready to shelter foreigners.
A few secrets
- Create individual applications for each hoster, indicating why he is interesting to you.
- Be sure to write personal messages to people who rent housing.
- Write only to those who were on the service a few hours ago to be sure that the person is using the service.
- Write to someone who is interesting to you, because if you are only interested in housing, then you can rent a hotel within 50-100 dollars. If you still want to get to know a person, then make sure that he will be interesting to you and you will have something to talk about.
- Leave feedback after someone has sheltered you.